Wendy Ann's Reviews > Strawberries for Dessert

Strawberries for Dessert by Marie Sexton

4291941
Apr 19, 2011

bookshelves: app-kindle, series, sex-partner-mm, loaned
Read from April 17 to 18, 2011

I admit – I started this book as a bit of a doubting Thomas because I didn’t really have high expectations. I remembered Cole and Jonathan from the earlier books, and neither one really piqued my interest enough to want to see their story. Well, I’m happy to say that the outcome exceeded my expectations!

Matt and Jared will always hold that special title of “favorite” couple for me, but Cole and Jonathan are close behind. I truly fell in love with Cole in this book, and no one could be more surprised than me at that fact:) I loved the outrageous combination of his personality and vulnerability, but then when you also toss in the pairing of him with the uptight workaholic Jonathan, you have a very interesting dynamic!

The book is told from Jonathan’s point of view, but not to fear for those who like to understand both characters. The author used an extremely creative technique to sprinkle in some of Cole’s thoughts – she had Cole sending email messages to his friend Jared whenever there was a new development in Cole’s relationship with Jonathan. These messages were very insightful in terms of gaining Cole’s perspective on the relationship and his motives.

I’d say there were two big surprises for me in this book – the whole interchange between Cole and Jonathan about Cole’s public actions, and Cole’s confession at the end of the book. Let me just say, I’m hoping beyond hope that Cole’s confession gets addressed in some fashion in a sequel or I’ll be disappointed – it was too precious to just let go!

I loved this wonderful addition to the Coda Books series!!!
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Strawberries for Dessert.

Dee Wy Yes, the emails were a creative addition to get Cole's "trying to be nonchalant" thoughts about the developing relationship. Smart writing, and it added a lot to the story.

message 2: by Wendy Ann (last edited Apr 20, 2011 04:20AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Wendy Ann Yeah, I liked the approach a lot!