Riv's Reviews > Nevermore

Nevermore by Kelly Creagh

May 14, 2011

bookshelves: 1st-of-series, favorites, wishlist
Read from April 02 to May 14, 2011

This book was so many kinds of incredible. So, list time. I plan to write a review, so more deets then.

Top ten for Nevermore:

10)The world building is incredible.
9)This book is long, but it flies. I could have gone through the book in one sitting, if I wasn't responsible.
8)It's PG so I can highly recommend it. There's a bit of swearing, but romance-wise, it's very clean.
7)Varen. He's so many kinds of melty angst.
6)Development. Isobel went from snobby cheerleader to girl of selflessness and devotion.
5)A sequel! The wait is forever, but there's a sequel! We won't be reading it nevermore!
4)Kelly is an awesome writer. I had minor problems, but it was incredibly well written.
3)The Raven! I've always wanted to read a Raven YA story, and was so happy to hear about this one.
2)Minor characters. Gwen is so supportive and great, and some other just keep you guessing!
1)Humor! Oh man, Kelly Creagh is so funny! She channels it well, and there were parts that I was rolling by.

Better review to come, possibly!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nevermore.

Quotes Riv Liked

Kelly Creagh
“You're really a blond," she said, her tone just short of accusatory.
"And if you tell anyone, I will come to you in the night and smote your everlasting soul.”

Kelly Creagh
“Please welcome Professor Varen Nethers, famous depressed dead poets historian and author of the bestselling books Unlocking your Poe-tential: A Writer's Guide, and Mo Poe Fo Yo: When You Just Can't Get Enough.”

Kelly Creagh
“So." [Isobel] cleared her throat. "What are we doing?"

"We," [Varen] said at last, "are doing a project on Poe."

"Didn't he marry his cousin or something?"

"The man is a literary god and that's all you have to say?”

Kelly Creagh
“It is naught but pain and regret when we think of the things and people we will never have, the opportunities we may never get.”