Nikoline's Reviews > Stolen: A Letter to My Captor

Stolen by Lucy Christopher

Sep 19, 2010

bookshelves: young-adult, fiction, social-issues, british, 2000s, contemporary, novel, female-author
Read on November 04, 2011

Gemma, a regular 16 year old school girl, has been captured by a handsome young man named Ty in Bangkok and brought to his secret place in the middle of the never ending desert of Australia, where he keeps her hidden from the outside world in order to rescue her.

Stolen: A letter to my captor by Lucy Christopher is probably one of the most thought provoking novels I've read in a very long time because of the many aspects of the captor, Ty MacFarlane. At first you can't help but think of him as a monster when he takes away a younger girl from her family and friends, but Ty is so much more, and I believe that no matter how I put this it will just sound creepy, but I was very devoted to this character because of the the many layers which show a little by little.

I do wish things had gone a little differently in the end. I like how the book is suppose to be a letter to Ty and therefore there's also an ending to it, however, I don't know what I was longing for to happen but it wasn't really this. Overall, I thought Stolen: A letter to my captor was an unique and captivating story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stolen.