Katie's Reviews > Mr. Darcy's Little Sister

Mr. Darcy's Little Sister by C. Allyn Pierson

Oct 09, 2010

Read in October, 2010

As a HUGE fan of Pride & Prejudice, I find myself reading spin-offs and other works about Austen's beloved characters all the time; but I must say - this has to be one of my favorites (up there with the Mr. Darcy, A Gentleman Series. Written from Georgianna Darcy's perspective, one that is often overlooked because she really is a secondary character in Austen's novel, this book takes on a very hefty challenge - showing Darcy and Elizabeth's relationship from a perspective of one who didn't journey with us through Pride & Prejudice but who none-the-less knows Darcy better than the readers of P&P.

Wonderful tone and word choices, I was mesmerized throughout the novel. We had our villainous, money-seeking men who were only seeking Georgianna's dowry, our family drama as Elizabeth joins the Darcy family, and the perspective of a young girl coming out in London. For anyone who loves Jane Austen novels and enjoys the fair treatment of her characters, I'd whole-heartedly recommend this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mr. Darcy's Little Sister.