Katie's Reviews > The Whiskey Rebels

The Whiskey Rebels by David Liss

Jan 16, 11

Read from October 20, 2010 to January 15, 2011

You know, this book had its ups and downs. From the historical fiction perspective -- it was good. From the plot and character development perspective, it was up and down. I loved the last 200 pages or so. The pace really picked up, the stories were interesting, and the characters really started getting deeper and more multi-dimensional. At the beginning, I had trouble keeping track of the different stories, how they may or may not have intersected, and there wasn't anything that was a huge draw in; so it took me months to finish it. In the end, I'm glad I plowed through -- it left me wanting to learn more about some of the historical figures mentioned in the book. But definitely will be interested in see how Liss' style as an author progresses in his next few books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Whiskey Rebels.

11/07/2010 page 16
3.0% "and I am really loving it! Two really interesting stories from the American Revolution -- greed, honor, loyalty. Great themes so far!"
11/07/2010 page 116
22.0% "and I am really loving it! Two really interesting stories from the American Revolution -- greed, honor, loyalty. Great themes so far!"
01/08/2011 page 312
60.0% "and it's starting to get really interesting! I love that the stories are finally connecting!"
show 1 hidden update…