wally's Reviews > Twilight Eyes

Twilight Eyes by Dean Koontz

Sep 19, 2010

bookshelves: koontz
Read in January, 1994

i enjoyed this story, one of my favorites...i enjoyed the shape-changing ability of some of the characters herein. thought the idea that "he had twilight eyes" a bit hooey, but i managed to overlook that....sorta like one of those outthrust determined chins....or mayhap sharply intelligent blue eyes....arrogant cheekbones.....he has twilight eyes and no, song lyrics and pablo doing bach's aria for the g string accompanied by piano didn't resound through the room....

even now i laugh at that one jarring phrase in a story that i enjoy so much....who was it? kim carnes? singing that tune...betty grable...gable?..."just to please you!"

i liked the 1st person narration of this story...this 17-yr-old guy: i came to the carnival in the sixth month of my seventeenth year, in the darkest hours of the night, on a thursday in august, more than three months before that death in dallas.

neato, the way he talks/thinks/tells: he was up to no good, but his kind always are.

i like the setting: the sombra brothers carnival...the characters, joel tuck, slim the narrator, rya raines

i like the traveling from place to place, all new to slim, but not to those there already in sombra...and then there's the bad guys...names like kelsko.

i like how things are not what they seem to be for that is how real life is to me...and yeah, shape-changers, that may explain...we'll have to keep a weather eye on em...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twilight Eyes.