Rachelle's Reviews > These Is My Words: The Diary of Sarah Agnes Prine, 1881-1901, Arizona Territories

These Is My Words by Nancy E. Turner

Jan 11, 2008

bookshelves: i-own-this-book, favorites
Read in September, 2007

This is pretty much my favorite book I've ever read along with it's sequel Sarah's Quilt. First of all, it is a beautiful love story. I cried so much. Any book that makes me feel really emotional, I consider to be a good book. But it is also an incredible tale of determination and down right stubborness. I love that Sarah learned to read, loved learning and by so doing changed her life. I love the way she endured challenges. I want to read it again so I can put more details in here.

************

I have since reread this book many many times. I go to it whenever I am in need of a really good love story. After many readings... I definitely have to say that Sarah is one of my all-time favorite heroines. She honestly pops into my head all of the time. When I am feeling grumbly about too much laundry to do I think of Sarah doing her wash by hand in 100+ degree weather. When I don't feel like cooking dinner I remember how Sarah had to catch her chicken and kill it before she could even get dinner started. LOL!! When Aaron is out of town and I feel lonely.. I remember that Sarah went months without Jack and then he'd be gone again in a week. But they loved so fiercely and never wasted the time they did have. She is tough, but not unhappy. She finds her peace in the quiet moments that are so rare but so precious. Overall it's inspiring, beautiful and sad and heartbreaking all in one. I love it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read These Is My Words.

01/31/2016 marked as: read

Kathy * Bookworm Nation Hey Rachelle,
I just finished this book and really liked it. I'm glad I saw it on your list. Have you read the other books in the series?

Rachelle Yes!! Sarah's Quilt is just as good...possibly better. Star Garden is also fantastic. I don't know why I was so crazy about these books.... they just really resonated with me. I'm glad you liked it.

Kathy * Bookworm Nation Are the other two books also in diary format?

Whitney Yes they are, but not a much as These Is my Words. They are more like chapters instead of entries.

Kathy * Bookworm Nation I will probably like that a little more. Diary format is not my favorite. I was so sad about Jack, I wish that could have been different.

Margaret Oh my goodness! I had no idea there was a sequel to this book! I must get them right away! I could not put that book down! I was up til 3am the night before the library had to have the book back! I just wasn't taking it back until it was finished! I cried like a child at the end! Sobbing No! Not jack! I'm so glad you guys loved it too!

Steph Say what!? A sequel? Oh boy...amazon, here I come.

Angela Gottula Rachelle, Heather Brady was telling me about a study she read about that said people who read a lot, especially fiction, develop better empathy for others. Your review here fits that perfectly! This is on my to-read; I actually have a copy in the house! I'll get started!