Katie's Reviews > Before I Fall

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

Sep 26, 2010

bookshelves: books-read-in-2010
Read from September 21 to 26, 2010

This was one of those rare books that made me think about my own life. You know what I mean? Most books don't do that. They take me to a completely different place. Which isn't at all a bad thing, in a lot of ways I think it's preferable, but it's also nice to run across a book that makes me look at my life, look at my choices. (Haha, but no really. It made me think a lot about high school and regrets and such.)

And maybe it's even more impressive that it could do that because I couldn't relate to Sam. I wasn't popular, I don't think my school had people who were popular in the way she was and I didn't go to parties, etc. (Kind of had a Kent, though.)

Anyway. We got to see Sam go on a remarkable journey. She starts off as a pretty unlikeable person, but you get to know her better as the story goes on and she grows a lot and it ends up just being, well, beautiful.

Worth reading if, like me, you've been seeing this book around and wondering about it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Before I Fall.

Sophie I think I downloaded this as an ebook some time recently. I might have to check it out.

Katie You should! It's not a favorite book EVER, but I was really impressed.