Kendra's Reviews > No Plot? No Problem!: A Low-Stress, High-Velocity Guide to Writing a Novel in 30 Days

No Plot? No Problem! by Chris Baty

Sep 24, 10

Read from September 18 to 24, 2010

I read this book because the idea of me having anything to do with a creative writing program at the library is really funny. Lucky for the participants, I am only acting in a supporting / marketing role and have a whole huge organization with an awesome website (nanowrimo.org) from which I can steal content and advice from should someone ask or expect it from me with my "librarian" status.

That disclaimer being made - this was such a funny book! I loved it. Chris Baty is a super fun, clever guy who writes with a very down-to-earth style. I especially liked the recurring theme of not taking yourself too seriously as you undergo the absolutely insane creative exercise of crafting a novel during the thirty days of November. The tips and tricks act as an inspirational pep talk. I especially liked the recurring voice which seemed to say "no, you are not crazy, you are just trying to do something different, fun, and wild and it's perfectly okay to give yourself 30 days with which to explore this side of yourself."

I have a feeling I am going to have to re-read parts of this book during the month of November in order to see this through. No Plot? No Problem is a great book that I will encourage those thinking of undertaking this journey to read ahead of time.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Plot? No Problem!.

message 1: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Boning up for GPL's NaNoWriMo events, or will you be taking the plunge itself? :)