Jennifer's Reviews > A Timely Vision

Jan 13, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: received-in-2010, cozy, read-in-2010
Read from October 03 to 05, 2010

Why I read it: I love cozies and I love the Outer Banks of North Carolina. When I read that this book takes place in Duck, NC - a place I have frequently visited on the Outer Banks, I knew I had to read this book.

My Quick Synopsis & Opinion: Dae O'Donnell is the mayor of Duck, NC and also the owner of a small shop called Missing Pieces. Dae also has a psychic gift - she can find lost objects by touching the person who has lost something. When one of the town matriarchs, Miss Mildred, comes to Dae looking for help in finding her mother's missing watch, which she had loaned to her sister Elizabeth, Dae agrees to help. She sees the watch in a dark place and finds it on the beach. What she doesn't count on is that the watch is still attached.....to the dead body of Miss Elizabeth!

Miss Mildred is accused of the murder, but Dae isn't convinced. With the help of Kevin Brickman, an ex-FBI agent and new resident to the small town, they hunt down a killer and uncover an old town mystery in the process!

This is a cute cozy mystery that is enjoyable. The characters are well developed, but I found the plot to be a bit slow going at times. It didn't hold my interest as much as I thought it would, which is disappointing, because I was reading this book while I was on the Outer Banks and driving through Duck! Overall, though, it's a good start to a new series and I am looking forward to the next book.

Overall Rating: 3 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Timely Vision.