Laura's Reviews > I Curse the River of Time

I Curse the River of Time by Per Petterson

Oct 23, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: scandinavian-literature, contemporary-fiction, read-2010, buddy-read
Recommended to Laura by: BCBC book club
Read on October 23, 2010

Coming soon from Amazon.

A quite disappointed book if compared with Out Stealing Horses.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Curse the River of Time.

10/23/2010 page 63

message 1: by Chrissie (new) - added it

Chrissie Laura, I saw that the author has come out with another book, but I still haven't read In the Wake. I have to read that first! He lost several in his family in the sinking. I am sure he has written a noteworthy book zbout this. I loved To Siberia, even more than Out Stealing Horses.

Laura I also love Out Stealing Horses Chrisse!!

message 3: by Chrissie (last edited Sep 20, 2010 09:22PM) (new) - added it

Chrissie Laura, I loved Out Stealing Horses b/c when the kids were small we would spend summers in Dalarna and this is exactly the small village and country life depicted in the book. I also like the historical connection. Nevertheless In Siberia was superb, even better. I assume he will poignantly describe the sinking of the Estonia in In the Wake: A Novel because he was personally affected by this horrible event! However, I Curse the River of Time seems to focus on such a depressing subject...., but iIn a good author's hands any "story" is worth reading. I suppose I should read all of them!

Laura Chrissie, I forgot you lived in Sweden before but I've never been in Dalarna, I just spent 4 years in Stockholm without traveling so much. As soon as I get this book, I will let you know my feelings about it.

message 5: by Chrissie (new) - added it

Chrissie Thanks Laura!

Bettie☯ I do so love it when as honest result is returned, thank you Laura. Had my doubts about this one.

Happy weekendsies
:O)

Laura In any case, I am planning to read In Siberia.

message 8: by Chrissie (new) - added it

Chrissie Good, check out my review. It has lots about brother sister relationships.