Jasmin's Reviews > One for the Money

One for the Money by Janet Evanovich

Sep 20, 10

bookshelves: fiction, humor, three-stars, suspense, mystery, chick-lit, romance, romantic-suspense, reviewed-by-me
Read from September 18 to 20, 2010

I never expected much from a woman named after a fruit. Especially a plum.

And I didn't expect a lingerie buyer to do a spectacular job out of bounty hunting either.

Apparently, even the police and Vincent Plum, owner of 'Vincent Plum Bail Bonding Company" didn't expect much either.

But when a girl has been laid off and desperate enough, there is nothing she wouldn't do, just to get $10,000, even though her life is at stake.

SO how does she get the $10,000? All she has to do is bring Joe Morelli in. The Joe Morelli with whom Stephanie Plum played Choo choo train with. And when I say choo choo train, Morelli is the train while the thing between Stephanie’s legs is the tunnel. We’re talking about the very Morelli who devirginized Stephanie in college, and never bothered to call her back. The Morelli whom she almost killed with her car. Well, aside from the past history with Morelli, bringing him in sounds easy. But the thing is, Morelli is an ex-cop and was charged with murder. Does Stephanie stand a chance when she has ZERO self defense mechanisms up her sleeve and is even scared of her own gun?

The first book of the Stephanie Plum series, One For the Money, is pretty cute and enjoyable. Though the mystery is predictable it didn’t destroy the book at its good moments. There were parts that I laughed out loud, I especially found Grandma Mazur pretty cute for someone overaged. Stephanie has character and I liked her. But the book just wasn’t that remarkable as I expected to be. Thus the three stars. For the record, I’m definitely moving on with the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One for the Money.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Catherine (new) - added it

Catherine I hope you like this one! I found the antics completely hilarious!

Jasmin haha im halfway through. Stephanie is cute :D

message 3: by new_user (new)

new_user "And when I say choo choo train, Morelli is the train while the thing between Stephanie’s legs is the tunnel."

LOL!

message 4: by Catherine (new) - added it

Catherine I liked this one a lot more than you did. I cracked up a lot. I love a book that can make me laugh. :) I hope the next one works better for you!

message 5: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell Awesome review Jasmin!! I love the "choo choo train" reference! Cracks me up everytime!! :)

Jasmin thanks ladies!

@catherine, i hope so too. I did enjoy some parts but it just didnt stood out for me. But still hoping :D

@ronyell, haha, me too! XD

message 7: by AH (new) - added it

AH People keep telling me that I need to start reading these. Great review Jasmin!

Jasmin thanks AH! You should try them sometime. They'r funny :P