hadashi's Reviews > Bono: In Conversation with Michka Assayas

Bono by Michka Assayas

Sep 17, 10

Read in November, 2006

I'm glad that what this taught me is that a person who isn’t trying to be someone whitewashed and politically correct, whose faith is messy and out there but full of realness, balls-out craziness, and has a keen ear for God’s heart can really change the world.
quotes that stuck: “You know, celebrity is ridiculous. It’s silly, but it’s a kind of currency, and you have to spend it wisely.”
On Christmas: “The idea that God...the force of Love and Logic in the universe, that it would seek to explain itself is amazing enough. That it would seek to explain itself and describe itself by becoming a child born in straw poverty, in shit and straw... Unknowable love, unknowable power, describes itself as the most vulnerable. Love needs to find form, intimacy needs to be whispered...love has to become an action.”
“I think the things that really communicate universally are humour, grace, and strength of character.”
“’Be still and know that I am God’... ‘Shut Up and Let Me Love You’ would be the pop song.”
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bono.