Snap's Reviews > Miss Julia's School of Beauty

Miss Julia's School of Beauty by Ann B. Ross

Sep 16, 10

bookshelves: read-in-2010
Read in September, 2010

"Miss Julia - now Mrs. Sam Murdoch - has just returned from her elopement to find that, as usual, numerous matters require her attention. To begin with, her new home is a battlefield of warring housekeepers. Then there's Hazel Marie's scheme to raise money by throwing a beauty pageant, requiring Julia to impart her legendary poise to the ill-mannered contestants. But it all pales in significance to the revelation that her marriage might not be legitimate. Can this Dixie doyenne of decorum do what it takes to keep up appearances before the whole town finds out that she and Sam are living in sin?"

Perhaps it is because I'm *older*, but I really enjoy the adventures of an older heroine like Miss Julia. I also enjoy the Southern humor and the quirky characters. Sometimes, I think I really do know who Miss Julia is talking about!!!!! This one was particularly good with the descriptions of the beauty contestants.

Another good one. Recommened if you like cozy, Southern humor.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Miss Julia's School of Beauty.