Elii Vela's Reviews > Awakened

Awakened by Ednah Walters

I should post this review since December ... but the truth is that even today I still don't know what to say except that I loved it!

The first thing that struck me was the writing of the author, the story caught me beyond belief, I would not even put the book down at all. Lil lives alone with her grandfather, are gypsies, and she has seen some strange things with him, but is not prepared for the intrusion of a pretty boy, arrogant and stubborn directly to her mind and oh yeah, her heart ... Her life changed completely since that first meeting, things are revealed in a way that encourages you to go ahead, doubt in your mind flow of "now what?" "What's this?" but the author is leading you by the hand and shows you everything you need to know.

The action, adventure and romance (cute but slight) appearance in this book. But best of all are the turns that gives the story as we go, we see the characters grow and can not help but be excited with them. Lil has to go through a lot and it is very beautiful to see the loyalty and love she puts into her decisions.

A struggle between good and evil, between angels and demons that keep you in suspense and constant surprises. Awakened is a work of YA urban fantasy like few, original, fresh, charming and totally intoxicating, I want more in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Awakened.

11/08/2010 page 35