Nic's Reviews > Legend

Legend by Marie Lu

Aug 31, 11

bookshelves: 2011, read-in-2011, dystopia, bookers-tour-read
Read from August 22 to 31, 2011

Rating: 4.5 stars That was definitely a pulse pounding read. Review coming....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Legend.

08/22/2011 page 50
15.0% 2 comments
08/30/2011 page 111
33.0% "I am thinking this is pretty awesome :)" 2 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko I am waiting patiently for your review. Alene raved about the awesomeness..

message 2: by Nic (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nic I haven't been well so I have no chance to read this! Hopefully I will get into soon :)

Janina Heyyy, we are reading this together (even nearly on the same page). What are you thinking so far? It really is very action-packed and fast-paced. I am so sad for June right now :(.

Also, didn't expect the book to be so short :o. It'll be over before it really began! Does yours have coloured font as well? The brownish yellow is really ugly, imo.

message 4: by Nic (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nic I like it so far especially that Day and June feel like equals, both are kick ass characters. Although the names like Eden for a boy etc is confusing.

And yes I have coloured font. It will be interesting to see what the Australian and UK finished copy looks like :)

Braiden To correct: it is actually gold hehe.

But yes 300 pages does fly by so fast in this book and I did finish it one night.

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko Nic I hope you start feeling better... You have been sick for the past few weeks girl.

~Tina~ Twinie's a trooper;-)

I heard this is like Divergent? Looking forward to your thoughts babe!

oliviasbooks Better, Tina, Better (i.m.o.)

Alexa I'm with Olivia! :)

Arlene Divergent was really good. Loved it, but this one was better IMO.

Janina and Nic hope you're enjoying it!!

message 11: by Nic (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nic Fingers crossed I can get some reading done today and finish this if you guys think it is better than Divergent because I love that book :)

~Tina~ Better then Divergent? Awesome!

message 13: by Nic (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nic ~Tina~ wrote: "Better then Divergent? Awesome!"

Different from Divergent. They definitely feel nothing alike.

Jen  (In the Closet With a Bibliophile) I agree, Nic, they feel nothing alike. I really did like Legend, but it's so different. I LOVE Day and that we get to hear his perspective since he is one of the rebels. Usually we only get the POV of one on the inside. I didn't like it as much as Divergent, but I think book 2 will be better. I wanted a tinsy bit more character and relationship development.

message 15: by Britany (new) - added it

Britany OOOOOO I can't wait to read this book!!!!! Good luck I hope that it turns out to be fantastic!

message 16: by Lora (new) - added it

Lora I'm glad you liked it! Most seem to be. :)