Jane Stewart's Reviews > Night Pleasures

Sep 16, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: paranormal-romance
Read in June, 2008

It was ok, but I wasn’t thrilled. The plot was illogical.

A few times while reading, I wanted it to be over. If a reader loves paranormal and doesn’t mind a weak plot, then they might enjoy this more than I did.

(view spoiler)

DATA:
Sexual language: mild. Number of sex scenes: nine. Setting: current day New Orleans and the back story from over 2,000 years earlier in Europe. Copyright: 2002. Genre: paranormal romance.

OTHER BOOKS:
To date, I’ve read the following Kenyon and MacGregor books (same author).

By Sherrilyn Kenyon:
5 stars. Turn Up the Heat (in anthology Playing Easy To Get). Copyrt 2006. My 5 star review for the anthology was posted 3/26/07.
3 stars. Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter series, Book 2). Copyrt 2002. Review Date 6/19/08.
2.5 stars. Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter series, Book 1). Copyrt 2002. My review was posted under 3 stars on 6/19/08.
2 stars. Captivated by You (in anthology Tie Me Up, Tie Me Down). Copyrt 2005. My 5 star review for the anthology was posted 4/02/08.

By Kinley MacGregor:
1 star. The Warrior (Brotherhood of the Sword, Book 3). Copyrt 2007. Review Date 9/14/08.
1 star. Sword of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, Book 1). Copyrt 2006. Review Date 12/28/07.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night Pleasures.

08/19/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy Sanders I am listening to this book. Ugh. A woman trying to give a southern accent and several other dialects. If I didn't need to listen to something to workout, I would have fast forwarded to the end. I am not one of those who will just stop reading. I will read the end and purge myself of my curiosity. :)
I love your review!

Jane Stewart Thanks Amy.

I know what you mean. I will put up with less desirable things in an audiobook just because I’m exercising or doing other things. But I’m not happy about it.

message 3: by Rubab (new)

Rubab Mirza Jane, your reviews are awesome. I won't read this one.

Jane Stewart Rubab wrote: "Jane, your reviews are awesome. I won't read this one."

Aww... Thanks Rubab