Amy (amyb2332)'s Reviews > Dirty Sexy Politics

Dirty Sexy Politics by Meghan McCain

May 30, 2011

bookshelves: 2011, non-fiction
Read from May 28 to 30, 2011

I liked this book quite a lot and I'm saying that as someone that is fairly liberal and voted for Obama. Meghan McCain is likeable and funny. She makes mistakes (sometimes big ones) and she's very emotional but all that just made her really easy to relate to.

There were several things I disagreed with her on: she briefly mentions at one point that she thought Sarah Palin did a good job at the VP debate. I actually laughed out loud at that. Because my memory pretty much includes SP giving absolutely zero debate points and instead repeatably winking, "gee gosh darn" ing, and mentioning what a maverick she was. But I think Meghan's spot on about the Republican Party. I thought her points about Sarah Palin and her intentions were also exactly correct. I hope someone in the Republican party is paying attention to this book and her ideas. Her vision for that party is one that I could actually foresee wanting to be a part of.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dirty Sexy Politics.