Jane Stewart's Reviews > Hidden Moon

Hidden Moon by Lori Handeland

Sep 16, 10

bookshelves: paranormal-romance
Read in May, 2008

** spoiler alert ** Parts of the story were good, especially the end, but not enough to recommend it.

The middle section was too drawn out with too much vague and unsuccessful investigation going on. I felt the ending was creative and different and it felt good. However, I wish the author would have added more at the end, telling what was going to happen to Sabina. Sabina did something evil, and I felt the story was unfinished by not having justice for her. I also would have liked to see the conversations and actions between Mal and his gypsy people at the end concerning their betrayal and separation.

CAUTION SPOILERS:
Some other areas I had problems with follow. Grace's strange nocturnal journeys into the woods at night were never explained well enough for me. It was hard for me to understand how Claire could date someone for several months, invite him to her home and then be so traumatized by sex that she quits her dream job and returns to her small home town. Yes, a rape might do that, but from someone she had been dating for so long? I would have preferred a stronger reason for leaving her city job. I think she was wrong to be mad at Mal because he didn't tell her he was a werewolf earlier in their relationship.

Sexual language: mild to moderate. Number of sex scenes: four. Setting: present day Lake Bluff, Georgia and the Blue Ridge Mountains. Copyright: 2007. Genre: paranormal romance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hidden Moon.