Laura (Kyahgirl)'s Reviews > Memory and Dream

Sep 27, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: paranormal, sci-fi-fantasy, urban-fantasy
Read from September 16 to 24, 2010

This was my first book by Charles de Lint. I liked it and was really interested in his concept of a town where all sorts of unlikely and magical events can and do happen.
I liked this book enough to look up and read others in the series. The only thing that stopped me from putting down 4 stars was that I found the telling of the back story became pretty tedious. Switching back and forth between the '70s and the '90s was too long and involved after a time. Other than that, it was a great story. Very creative and engaging.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Memory and Dream.

04/21 marked as: read

message 1: by Terry (new)

Terry Laura - I've read ALL the Charles de Lint books I could get my crow's feet on... I love them. Try reading "The Onion Girl" as I think it is one the best.

Laura (Kyahgirl) Terry wrote: "Laura - I've read ALL the Charles de Lint books I could get my crow's feet on... I love them. Try reading "The Onion Girl" as I think it is one the best."

Thanks for the comment Terry. I'll do that.
I was looking at the library and they have a few of his books. I'd like to read more about Jilly :-)