Jamie 's Reviews > Pegasus

Sep 16, 2010

did not like it
bookshelves: dnf
Read from February 12 to 16, 2011

I struck it "rich" one day when I was visiting my public library...I found this book on our "reserves" shelf and I immediately snatched it up. This book has been on my wishlist for a LONG time and I was beyond excited that I FINALLY got my hands on a copy.

From the beginning I was drawn into this mythical world, full of mythical creatures and mythical locations. I think that the author did a nice job of giving the reader a history lesson about the treaty between the humans and the pegasi. In my opinion I think that the history was well worded and very complete, though I think that it ran a little long at times.

I was hoping that I would enjoy this book more than I actually did. I thought that the author did an excellent job creating the mythical world and creatures but I thought that there were area's where the author didn't do so well to the point of being tedious. And by tedious...I mean to the point I did not finish the book.

I think what really drew me to want to read the book was the cover. But unfortunately there is more to a book than the cover. The more I read the more annoyed I became with the book. I found the constant shift from the present to the past to be distracting to the point of turning me off to the book itself. There were time's I couldn't even tell who was narrating. I'm to easily distracted for all the distractions there were in the narration.

I found it hard to relate to our main character, Sylvi. From the little bit of the book that I was able to read i felt that Sylvi was almost forced to behave as a person older than she actually is just because she is royalty. I guess I didn't really understand why if your royal you get a Pegasus when you turn 12. Maybe there was a better explanation farther in the book that I didn't get to but I really would have liked to know a solid reason...other than being royal.

I've been checking out the ratings and reviews for Pegasus on Goodreads and I'm seeing all these 3, 4 and some 5 star ratings for this book. And here I am writing a DNF review. Seems almost weird to me.

RATING:

DNF

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pegasus.

02/12/2011 page 2
0.0% "The library was good to me today! :)"
show 1 hidden update…