Jamie 's Reviews > Firelight

Firelight by Sophie Jordan

Sep 16, 2010

bookshelves: paranormal, romance, ya, e-books, read-april11
Read in April, 2011

I received this ebook as part of Book Soulmates RAK program. I had been wanting to read it for a very long time and I was beyond happy when a very nice individual offered to send it to me as an .epub file so I could read it on my Nook. Yeah for the RAK program!

I started this book late yesterday morning and once I got started I just could NOT put it down. I had to finish it, I had to know what was going to happen next!

Jacinda, one of our main characters, is a Draki. Draki are descendents of dragons and can shift from draki form to human form. As an unfortunate bonus for Jacinda she is a fire-breather, the first one in her pride in MANY generations. Which makes her a valuable commodity to her pride…Much to Jacinda’s dismay, she’s not real thrilled about the fact that her mate has already been picked out for her. After a near brush with Draki death Jacinda’s mom decides that for her families safety they are going to move….to the desert….to try and kill Jacinda’s Draki. Again, much to Jacinda’s dismay.

This is a really great opposites attract love story. Jacinda is a Draki. The boy, Will, that she is interested in is a Draki hunter. Even though she knows she should avoid Will like the plague she can’t help her growing attraction to him. What I really liked about this budding relationship was that through the whole thing Jacinda’s personality doesn’t change one bit. She isn’t afraid to stand up to anyone, Will included.

Will was a great character too. I really enjoyed him a lot. Not only does he do something he really shouldn’t have done at the beginning of the story, he also has a secret. One that you don’t find out about until almost the end of the book. It’s a pretty good secret too.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book a lot. I had never read a book about dragon/draki before and I found the mythology captivating. Like I stated earlier, I had a very difficult time putting this book down. I had to know what was going to happen next. The only thing I didn’t really care for and it’s really a teeny tiny thing, was the cliff hanger ending. I can hardly wait for the next book to come out!

RATING: 4/5

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Firelight.