Kilee's Reviews > I Now Pronounce You Someone Else

I Now Pronounce You Someone Else by Erin McCahan

Sep 15, 10

Read in September, 2010

Bronwen Oliver is your normal seventeen year old. She has a family, an older brother and attends high school. Expect Bronwen thinks that she was switched at birth. Thinking in her own fantasy world of the "perfect" and "normal" family has lead her to create her own "perfect" and "normal" family. Her "real" name is Phoebe Lilywhite, daughter to Percival and Kitty Lilywhite, a family where she gets her brown hair and smile.

So when Bronwen becomes engaged, she thinks that she will finally be part of a "normal" family. But as she goes through out planning wedding details and finishing up her last year at high school, Bronwen will start to wonder what Phoebe would do in her situation.

I Now Pronounce You Someone Else is easily one of my favorite debuts of this year. With it's realness towards the "normal" aspect of wanting a normal family and with it's light hearted humor, this book is one that many people will love reading.

It's easy to connect with it's main character, Bronwen, due to the fact that every teenager, at some point, thinks that may have been switched at birth or at least adopted. It may take them away to finally realize that what they have and grasp it and never let it go. The emotion that Bronwen expresses through out the book, happiness, sadness, ect, is something the reader feels at the same time as the character. In my opinion when a book can make you feel as if you're apart of the story, then the book is doing what it's supposed to.

I Now Pronounce You Someone Else is one book that is mostly like real life that's I've ever read in this genre.

I can't wait to see what else Ms. McCahan puts out in the near future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Now Pronounce You Someone Else.