Anita's Reviews > Saving CeeCee Honeycutt

Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman

Sep 15, 2010

bookshelves: 2010, audio, drama, female-authors, fiction
Read from August 15 to September 15, 2010 , read count: 1

I loved loved loved this book.

I know I'm getting lazy but when another reviewer, in this case Riley Carney, can summarize better than me...why not use her words?

"Saving CeeCee Honeycutt is a beautiful story about self-discovery, family, and the quirkiness of human nature. It is touching and wise with a laugh-out-loud sense of humor. CeeCee is a wonderful narrator with an engaging voice and her perspectives are simultaneously moving, fascinating, and funny as she observes her eccentric Southern neighbors. Beth Hoffman deftly weaves CeeCee's story as she copes with grief and growing up while learning what it means to have real family. The descriptions are lush and evocative - you can almost smell the flowers blooming - but never overdone. I felt as if I was transported to CeeCee's world for a short time. I absolutely loved this book and I wholeheartedly recommend it. I am looking forward to more treasures from this very talented author."

I also believe the person who read the book, jenna lamia, added quite a bit with her narrative.

Go read this book, it is about love, security and finding a home for yourself. the author has amazing lines, like "It is how we survive the hurts in our life that determine our beauty."

She also a philosophy on what she calls our Lifebooks and how others make their imprint on them.

I will def read this again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Saving CeeCee Honeycutt.