♡Meme♡Reads love♡'s Reviews > Nobody's Hero

Nobody's Hero by Melanie Harvey

Jul 13, 14

bookshelves: interracial-love, ebook-or-kindle
Read from September 15 to October 02, 2010

Melanie Harvey writes a wonderful story about a WM rapper and a BW author who fall in love. I have to say this was a wonderful surprise and a interesting way to write about an interracial couple in a different way. One you don't hear about that often if not at all.

I have to admit at first I was kinda wondering how all this was going to play out. But as I read, and kept on reading. I got that happy and fuzzy feeling inside. The way Ricky's mind works was amazing to me and Carolyn was a interesting person herself she was so sweet. There was so much tension between the two you could really feel it. The love is strong between the two you really root for them to work it all out.

This is a short read but you don't even notice because its almost like your standing in the room watching everything thats going on. The dialogue got to me a little bit, because I sometimes couldn't tell who was talking, but then again it reminded me of watching Iron man 2. The dialogue was fast pace you had to pay attention and keep up..lol

Any-hoo, This was a lovely read I'm glad I found it. I love how they take a chance on each other and respect one another. Ricky's lyrics had me tuning in to Eminem even though author used her own stuff, I couldn't help but pull out some of Eminem's song to get the feel of Ricky as a white rapper. It's so awesome.

I recommend this to all my goodreads friends who love a different take on an interracial couple and a good reading challenge with lots of tension. Warning Ricky is a rapper so you know the language can get a bit rough. but you can get passed it cause it was well written and fit with the character.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nobody's Hero.

09/15/2010
20.0% "This an ok read I like that he is a rapper and she is writer interesting combo. The only problem I having reading this is I sometimes can't tell what their talking about or who is talking..."
09/20/2010
80.0% "It's almost like it reads like a script, lots of tension"
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arch (new)

Arch I like when a book reads like a movie or TV show. I like to see what's going on.

♡Meme♡Reads love♡ Have you read this Arch? If not I think you would really like it there is a lot of tension in this story. The writing style reminded me a little of you

message 3: by Arch (new)

Arch Awww. Thanks. No, I haven't read the book before. It's my first time seeing it.

♡Meme♡Reads love♡ The book is only like 89cents from amazon kindle couldn't pass that up even if I really don't like reading on my computer... I put on my xmas list that I want a Kindle I like to read at night when everybody's in bed but my MacBook Pro gets to hot on my lap and is to big to carry around. :) Seriously though I think you might enjoy this book.

message 5: by Sashana (new)

Sashana I want the new Sony for Xmas.

♡Meme♡Reads love♡ I was thinking about getting the sony. I don't know which is better
I thought just getting the Kindle would be easier since I buy most of my books from Amazon.

message 7: by Sashana (new)

Sashana You should definitely do your research then, Meme. There are so many good things out there these days it’s ridiculous. Sony just came out with a new one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35yB4q.... I usually watch YouTube videos for comparisons between Sony and Kindle. I was almost going to buy a Kindle or Nook but I have to say, I’m 99.9% sure that I’ll be getting a Sony.

message 8: by Sashana (new)

Sashana At the end of the day, you should but whatever's best for you.

♡Meme♡Reads love♡ Thank you Sashana. :)

message 10: by Sashana (new)

Sashana No problem :D

message 11: by Arch (new)

Arch Meme, I don't have a kindle. I might check with my library to see if they have the ebook.

♡Meme♡Reads love♡ Arch, you can download kindle to your PC or Mac computer its free

message 13: by Arch (new)

Arch Oh okay Meme. I don't really like reading a book on my computer. I don't mind reading the challenge stories on the groups, but when it comes down to a book, I like to snuggle up to a book.

♡Meme♡Reads love♡ Believe me I know what you mean.
I'm the same way I hate to read off a computer, hurts my eyes.
Only when I'm desperate do I get books that don't come in paper back

message 15: by Arch (new)

Arch A lot of interracial books are in ebook format and that's sucks.

♡Meme♡Reads love♡ I know I'm so mad that Latrivia Nelson's latest book went the ebook way.. Its to bad really