JazzRizz's Reviews > Burning Lamp (Arcane Society, #8)

Burning Lamp (Arcane Society, #8) by Amanda Quick

F 50x66
Sep 26, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: 2010, library, listened-to-audiobook
Read from September 15 to 20, 2010

** spoiler alert ** I usually love Amanda Quick books. I normally prefer the Victorian Arcane books over the modern Krentz Arcane stories, but this one left me wanting.

I guess I was a little confused as to why the Trilogy would kick off in modern times, go backwards for the second one, then head to the future in Harmony to wrap it up.

I didn't allow enough time between the first and second book, because the stories were VERY similar in characters, plot, and outcome. I really hope Midnight Crystal shakes things up with the plot.

I really liked Griffin and Adelaide, but it felt like I was reading Jack and Chloe in a different era. While Jack & Griffin's original talents were different . . . every thing else was exactly the same. Adelaide was a bit more confident that Chloe, but that was the only difference between them.

The book on it's own was an ok read, but as part of a trilogy . . . it really didn't move the story forward. It just rehashed the first book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Burning Lamp (Arcane Society, #8).