Natalie's Reviews > Mister God, This Is Anna

Recommended to Natalie by: Jill Singleton
Read from September 13 to 19, 2010

one-of-a-kind read.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mister God, This Is Anna.

Quotes Natalie Liked

Fynn
“in the dark you have to describe yourself. In the daylight other people describe you.”

Fynn
“If I was the only one I wouldn't be littler or bigger, would I? I'd be just me, wouldn't I?”

Fynn
“The daylight schooled the senses and the night-time developed the wits, stretched the imagination, sharpened fantasy, hammered home the memory and altered the whole scale of values.”

09/17/2010 page 146
77.0% "Anna says "if I were the only one I wouldn't be littler or bigger, would I? I'd just be me, wouldn't I?""

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna Murray I read this book about 30 years ago and I remember loving it too!

Natalie It's either my kind of physics (explicable by six year olds?) or my kind of religion (low BS quotient). Either way, it was an unusual read that brought me joy and stretched the gray matter a bit! If Robert Pirsig were six and a girl and he wrote Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance through a n'er do-well East Ender ghostwriter/alternate personality (instead of Phaedrus). . . who'd found god would that book have covered any of the same territory? We can debate it at the upcoming travelling girls night-in non-bookclub tequila mtg?

message 3: by Anna (new)

Anna Murray Your brain is way to big! I'll try to keep up with you, but think I might have to read that book again.

Natalie maybe we'll just look at the pictures and talk about it a bit while we sample those margaritas during girls night-in. Then you wont HAVE to read it again?