logankstewart's Reviews > The Walking Dead, Vol. 03: Safety Behind Bars

The Walking Dead, Vol. 03 by Robert Kirkman

Sep 24, 10

bookshelves: graphic-comics, horror, library, post-apocalyptic, zombies, 2010-read
Read on September 23, 2010

This series just keeps getting better and better. Safety Behind Bars continues on the foothills of Volume 2. The gang has came across a prison. With its high fences and stockpile of canned goods, it seems like the perfect place to settle down for the rest of their days. But they soon learn that they're not the only survivors at the place.

The personal drama for Volume 3 of The Walking Dead is explosive. The air is heavy with distrust and unease. It's been many months since the zombies arrived, and people are starting to break down. Watching some of these characters react to different situations is tense, and I never really knew what to expect.

As with the previous volume, there was one scene that, with a turn of the page, everything changed. And it's so unexpected. I was shocked, and the fallout from the event is enormous.

This has been the best trade paperback so far, and if the rest of the series continues this way, I'm in for a lot of excitement.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Walking Dead, Vol. 03.