Mariya's Reviews > Hard Bitten

Hard Bitten by Chloe Neill

Oh, Chloe Neill, you might as well have just staked me. Hard Bitten will leave you speechless, breathless and possibly leave you full of many many emotions. I loved it and hated it at the same time. And you will get my meaning when you flip to the last page of this book.

You guys have no idea how much I want to explode right now, explode all the secrets of this book, but I won't. I pray that the next week goes by fast so I can finally discuss with all my buddies, but this book was a roller coaster.

I will say that Ethan steals my heart. I love that boy to death and even though I do I have a new love and his name is Jonah. If I can't have Ethan I'll take Jonah. I think that with each Chicagoland Vampires book that each relationship grows, be it Ethan and Merit, Mallory and Merit, etc. I have come to love these characters as if they were real. I think it is amazing when an author is able to create a book where you totally grow to love the characters as if you're apart of them.

This book was so heartbreaking for me to the extent where I was tearing up big time. Note to self: do not read this book in a public place. I teared up so bad that I had to run and hide in the bathroom. I guess that is how much I really love these characters. I am sure many reviewers have talked about the ending, but I must say WTF?! I have to say it because that was what kind of ending it was.

It wasn't completely a cliffhanger, but it might as well have been. I will also tell you that in a million years you would have never guessed that what happens at the end happens. Congratulations to Neill for catching me so off guard.

I must say that I am looking forward, scratch that I would just die to get my hands on that book, and find out where the evil Chloe Neill lives. hahaha. I am happy to say that DEEP DRINK comes out November 2011 and thank god for that, because I would never last if I had to wait a freckin' year.

More of my reviews at Mystifying Paranormal Reviews

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hard Bitten.

Quotes Mariya Liked

Chloe Neill
“You can run. You can keep running to the ends of the earth. But I won’t be far behind you.”

“Ethan—”

“No. I will never be far behind you.” He tipped up my chin so that I could do nothing else but look back into his eyes. “Do the things you need to do. Learn to be a vampire, to be a warrior, to be the soldier you are capable of being. But consider the possibility that I made a mistake I regret—and that I’ll continue to regret that mistake and try to convince you to give me another chance until the earth stops turning.”

Chloe Neill
“You are a Cadogan vampire, by blood and bone. You have fought for this House, and you are mine to protect. My Sentinel, my Novitiate. As long as I am here to do it, I will protect you. As long as this House exists, you will have a home here. -Ethan”

Chloe Neill
“I'm afraid,' I finally confessed.
'I know.' His voice was quiet. 'I know, and it kills me that I put that fear into your eyes.”

04/12/2011 page 130
37.0% "i ♥ jonah! but Ethan is HOT too..decisions, decisons XD" 2 comments
04/13/2011 page 251
72.0% "arrrgghhh. only 100 pages left, but I don't want it to end XD" 4 comments
04/14/2011 page 350
100.0% "WTF?! r u fuckin’ serious? *has the need to throw book across the room, in full depression mode now*" 31 comments

Leigh OMG! how did you get this early????

message 2: by Mariya (last edited Apr 12, 2011 07:43AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mariya The publisher and me are great pals. LOL
though I;m terrified reading this for the ending b/c reviews have been talking about it all over GR, about how hellish it it.

Leigh that's awesome! i'm nervous about it, too, but think that Neill will do an amazing job!

Mariya arrrghhhh. I wish DEEP DRINK is out..haha. AM I insane to go crazy about a cliffhanger I haven't even read yet. LOL

Leigh lol! yes!!

message 6: by Looksie (new) - added it

Looksie (At Looksie Lovitz: Books and Wits Blog) Ahahahahahaha. @ current status.

Mariya I can't wait til you read it so you can join me! Hurry up and recieve it, woman!

Ceitidh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! This is the kind of book that make me bang my head against the walL!!! AAAAAAAH!!

Mariya Thank god. It's not a year wait! I will keep thanking her publisher over and over again. November...too faraway! I just can't wait til it's out b/c I need to talk to all my GR besties.

Tracey Mariya hard bitten comes out in May not November :)

Tracey ok iam extra special today you meant book 5

Mariya I know that I was talking about Deep Drink, since I just finished reading Hard Bitten.

Tracey Ive ordered Hard Bitten so looking forward to reading it. Looking forward to your review.

MISS VAIN Hey I noticed your review received a "like" from Chloe Neill :)

Mariya haha. I know. YAH!!! =DDDDD

MISS VAIN :-) that's awesome!