♥ Amber ♥ 's Reviews > Fade Out

Fade Out by Rachel Caine

Feb 12, 11

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, young-adult, favorite-series, favorites, own
Read from February 10 to 12, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fade Out.

Quotes ♥ Amber ♥ Liked

Rachel Caine
“Anybody else think that was weird?” Shane asked as they got into the car. Eve sent him an exasperated glance; the three of them were, of course, in the backseat. Amelie had the front, with Michael.

“Ya think? In general, or in particular?”

“Weird that we got through the entire thing, and I didn’t have to hit anybody.”

There was a moment of silence. Michael said, as he started the car, “You’re right, Shane. That is strange.”

Rachel Caine
“I heard this girl worked for Bishop,” said one of the guys, who had a tire iron resting on his shoulder. “Carrying around his death warrants. Like one of those Nazi collaborators.”

You heard wrong,” Shane said. “She’s my girl. Now back off.”

Let’s hear from her,” said the leader of the pack, and locked stares with Claire. “So? You working for the vamps?”

Shane sent her a quick, warning glance.

Claire took in a deep breath and said, “Absolutely.”

Ah hell,” Shane breathed. “Okay, then. Run.”

Rachel Caine
“I don’t see a way in,” Eve whispered.
Why are you whispering?” Myrnin whispered back. “Vampires can hear us, anyway.”

Rachel Caine
“Sure,” she said, and hugged the laptop bag closer. “What could go wrong?”
Michael’s eyes flashed to meet hers in the rearview mirror.
Besides everything, I mean,” she said.”

Rachel Caine
“Silver nitrate and water in a super soaker," he told her. "My own invention. Ought to be good at twenty feet, kind of like wasp spray."
Oh. "You get me the nicest things."
"Anybody can get jewelry. Posers”

Rachel Caine
“Because you've got guy parts, you're automatically a better mechanic than me? I don't think so," Eve said, and bailed out of the passenger side.”

Rachel Caine
“As she turned to concentrate on the portal, Eve tugged on Claire's shirt. "What?"
"Ask him where he got the boots."
"You ask." Personally, Claire wanted the vampire bunny slippers.”

Rachel Caine
“Goodness," Myrnin said quietly. "I don't think I should be watching this. I don't think I'm old enough.”

Rachel Caine
“When I want to be lectured on strategy, I'll consult someone who's actually won battles," Amelie said. "Not one who ran away from them."
"Snap," Eve said.
"You know what they're talking about?" Shane asked.
"Don't need to know to get that one. She smacked him so hard his momma felt it.”

Rachel Caine
“Claire was struggling through last summer’s diary volume when Myrnin popped in through the portal, wearing a big floppy black hat and a kind of crazy/stylish pimp coat that covered him from neck to ankles, black leather gloves, and a black and silver walking stick with a dragon’s head on it. And, on his lapel was a button that said, If you can read this, thank a teacher.”

Rachel Caine
“Me neither,” Shane put in. “Homie don’t play that.”
“I wonder, sometimes, if your generation speaks English at all,” Amelie said.”

Rachel Caine
“THTL— too hot to live ”

Rachel Caine
“I just went to work for a vampire, was scared by a spider, and got knocked down by a tanning bomb. And that’s just my day, not my week.”