Sarah BT's Reviews > The Capture

The Capture by Kathryn Lasky

Sep 15, 2010

Rating: 3.5/5 Stars

About the Book: Soren is a young barn owl who has grown up hearing legends of knightly owls from Ga'Hoole. When Soren falls (or is he pushed?) from his nest and ends up being captured by a school for orphaned owls, St. Aggie's. But St. Aggie's isn't as good as it seems and Soren and his new friend Gylfie must discover a way to escape and find out if the legends of the guardians are true.

GreenBeanTeenQueen Says: I'm not a big fan of animal fantasy, but Guardians of Ga'Hoole is a series that I could really get into and enjoy. Kathryn Lasky's writing makes the owls so believable and Soren is a reluctant hero that you want to cheer for.

This is the first book in the series, so while it has a story on it's own, it's also setting up the rest of the series and Soren's journey. All the characters are well written and fun to read about and I really liked the owl mythology.

Sensitive readers should also be warned that this isn't a nice little story about animals-there are mean characters and some casualties. But the story is engaging and entertaining and fans of animal fantasy are sure to find a series to get hooked on.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Capture.

04/22 marked as: read