Lauren's Reviews > Shopaholic and Sister

Shopaholic and Sister by Sophie Kinsella

Jul 25, 13

bookshelves: fiction, series
Read in September, 2010

Oh Becky Bloomwood (I guess now she’s Becky Brandon)… I love these books. They’re so light and easy reads that make you feel good at the end. Each one of the Shopaholic books has the suspense of “How is Becky Bloomwood/Brandon going to get out her mess this time?!” They really remind me of I Love Lucy. In Shopaholic & Sister, Becky discovers she has a long lost half-sister and desperately wants to be her friend. She becomes a tad bit estranged to her best friend, Suze, since she was on her honeymoon for 10 months (read Shopaholic Ties the Knot for more details) and Suze made a new friend while she was gone. So befriending her sister is extremely important. When she meets Jess (a complete opposite of Becky), things are a bit rocky and things aren’t looking so good for Becky when she starts to get into arguments with her husband, Luke. How will she fix her relationships with Luke, Jess and Suze?? The Becky Bloomwood way, of course. This is a great series for those who like lighthearted books with fun.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shopaholic and Sister.