AH's Reviews > The Reversal

The Reversal by Michael Connelly

Nov 03, 10

bookshelves: first-reads, zzread-nov-2010, thrillers, lawyers
Read from October 26 to November 01, 2010 — I own a copy

3.5 stars - I won this book in a Goodreads First Reads giveaway.

I just love Harry Bosch! I like his character, his determination, his ability to figure out a case. If I ever need a detective, I’m calling Harry Bosch.

Harry is investigating the case of Jason Jessup, an accused and convicted child murderer who may be exonerated due to new DNA evidence. Harry’s half brother, Mickey Haller has been asked to prosecute the accused.

I found that the beginning of the novel was a little slow for me. There was a lot of procedure, very little action. Suddenly, I found myself unable to put the book down. At one point I believed that Jason Jessup was not guilty, that he was wrongly accused.

Jessup’s character was downright creepy. He really had his act as the wrongfully accused victim down pat, but there was a sinister side to him. His nightly activities were disturbing – driving to different parks and sneaking in. Jessup’s little setup under Santa Monica pier convinced me of his guilt.

The resolution of this novel was shocking. I was left with an unsatisfied feeling. I had wanted more answers, but they were not forthcoming.

The Reversal is full of action, danger, and some great court room procedure. If you like legal thrillers, The Reversal is the book for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Reversal.

10/26/2010 page 11
10/31/2010 page 28
7.0% "Getting interesting."
10/31/2010 page 40
10.0% ""Jailhouse snitches," Haller said, interrupting. "Never met one who told the truth, never met a prosecutor who didn't use them anyway.""
10/31/2010 page 109
26.0% "I'm now more interested in the book."
11/01/2010 page 291
70.0% "Can't seem to put this one down now. It has gotten exciting - didn't see that coming." 6 comments
11/01/2010 page 416
100.0% "An unsatisfying ending."
show 1 hidden update…

Greta is Erikasbuddy I should get this book for my Dad. It soo sounds like something he'd really dig :)

message 2: by AH (new) - rated it 3 stars

AH He probably would like it. Harry Bosch is a cool character.

Greta is Erikasbuddy Sweet!! I smell xmas gifty!

I think I might get him the first Dresden book too. I can totally see him digging Bob and Harry :)

message 4: by AH (new) - rated it 3 stars

AH Those are great gift ideas. I know that my local bookstore was selling off a lot of the Jim Butcher hardcovers for cheap - maybe because they've gotten too many paperbacks and need the space. As much as I'd like the set, I can't bring any more books into my house because I stress out that I haven't read them.

Greta is Erikasbuddy I soo understand!! I'm trying my hardest not to put any more holds on books till I get my list down.

I'm going to check out our bookstore to see if i can find any used Dresden books. It's soo guy! I keep telling my hubz to try the first one out but he won't do it unless i find it in audio form (which I haven't been able to yet... well, for free - the library doesn't have them)