Nicole's Reviews > Clockwork Angel

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Sep 15, 10

bookshelves: 2010-challenge, favorite-books, supernatural-beings, vampires
Read in September, 2010

** spoiler alert ** Okay, first of all I loved the setting. I love the shadowhunter world, but I already knew that. It's just exicting to read about that world while imagining them in fancy suits, dresses and trench coats.

Tessa: I loved the way she compared everything that happened to her and sought advice about what to do from the books she had read. That was so freaking cool.

Will: He's a jackass. Normally I fall for the assholes in books, but Will is making it very hard to do so. He's always so mean to Tessa! Downright cruel, he is! Everyone keeps comparing him to Jace, but other than the heavy sarcasm and, apparently, charm, I don't see much similarity. Jace isn't cruel. He mocks. He punishes himself. But he always does what he thinks is right for the people he loves, whatever it takes. Will doesn't. He lies and is actually mean towards the people he loves because he is so intent on not letting any emotion show. I think he's got some serious work ahead of him if he's going to try to make up for everything he has said to Tessa...

Jem: Oh, Jem. Poor Jem. I like Jem. But I just don't see him and Tessa together. I get that he's supposed to be a romantic interest along with Will, but nope. I don't feel... the chemistry. I'm more of a Sophie/Jem-shipper now.

Thomas: <3<3<3<3 Oh, goodness. I loved him. Loved him, loved him, loved him. Poor guy.

I like seeing Magnus Bane in the book =D It's really cool to see him in another setting.

Okay, so about the whole Jem/Will/Tess. I don't particularly like the Jem/Tess-ship, cus I don't see the same chemistry. I'm a Will/Tess-shipper, but he had to majorly redeem himself! Like MAJORLY.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Angel.