Brandi ;)'s Reviews > The Girls He Adored

The Girls He Adored by Jonathan Nasaw

Dec 07, 10

bookshelves: fbi-cops-pi-slueths, r-rated-books, serial-thrillers-killers-and-chille
Read from December 03 to 07, 2010

ummm, well....hmmm....I'm really at a loss for words here on how to review this book. It was very disturbing, hard to read but at the same time it was like the proverbial train wreck, you just couldn't look away, you just had to see and know what happened.
You know the deal on the book so i don't feel a need to rehash the whole DID psychotic details. What I feel the need to share is why on earth I could say I 'really like it' & give the book 4 stars when the abuse to women was terrible and extremely scary. But here we are agian, I am at a loss for words as to exactly why. It was a psychological thriller like no other i've read. It was disturbing, I know I've said that, but it freaking was. I think I'm still in a little post shock since I only finished the book 30 min ago.
My heart ached for the little boy that was so badly abused while my mind and self recoiled from the horrible monster that little boy had become. Sadder still was the fact that there where several times in his life that things could have changed for the better.
Irene, the psych doc, just annoyed the hell out of me for some reason. I can't really put a finger on why, she just struck a cord in the beginning with me and never got off it. Pender, Mr. G man, is a new fav. He is impossible not to like. I hear there is sequil, if he's in it I will have to read it. I liked him that much.
The author def made me feel a huge range of emotions during this book. I liked it, don't know if I really liked it, but it def deserves 4 stars or more. Great writing, great detail, couldn't put it down no matter how disturbing. It is a top of the line psych thriller.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girls He Adored.

12/03/2010 page 56
17.0% "ooohhh, this is sooo good. Not paranormal, but good non the less."
12/06/2010 page 179
53.0% "man, the perp in this story is one sick puppy - a real monster."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Victoria I really love this book! I have even re-read it a few times, which is a rarity for a thriller!

Brandi ;) I found out about it from your reading list. I've been searching for a good serial killer/thriller since I sucked down the last John Connolly. Gonna have to move this one to the Next pile :)