Sara's Reviews > The Haunted

The Haunted by Jessica Verday

4194931
Sep 14, 2010

Read from September 14 to 17, 2010

After I read the Hollow, I was hooked!! I thought it was a wonderful book and was very excited to dig in and devour The Haunted. I'm not going to summarize or recap because a lot of people already do that. Just wanted to add that I thought Jessica Verday did an amazing job adding new twists to the plot and keeping her readers hooked as she did with the Hollow. I'm proud of Abbey in this book because she really grew as a character. In The Hollow she was sad and broken and just flat out lost. The further I got into The Haunted I realized that she had grown tremendously! She found more confidence in who she was, she was less "breakable" in this book and really came into her own. It was nice getting to learn more about Caspian and where he came from.

Another aspect of Jessica Verday's writing that I LOVE is the normalcy of it. I mean, I've read that some people think the beginnings of her books are slow, but what I love is that to me they're normal. I mean, days don't just fly by, Abbey does normal things like having to go to family dinners, being pressured into working for her Uncle, having nothing better to do she sleeps some afternoons away etc. Again, this is just me, but for a 17 year old's everyday life, that seems pretty much normal and I love that she kept it real like that.

Book three... I can't wait! When I finished the Hollow I had so many questions, and I have just as many this time around. For every question answered in The Haunted, there was a new one added which I personally love. It'll definitely encourage people to pick up the third book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Haunted.