Vivian's Reviews > Incense: Crafting & Use of Magickal Scents

Incense by Carl F. Neal

Sep 14, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: magic, spells, alchemy

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Incense.

message 1: by Colleen (new)

Colleen This looks like and interesting book. Have you made any of the homemade incense recipes in the book?

Vivian Colleen wrote: "This looks like and interesting book. Have you made any of the homemade incense recipes in the book?"

No I haven't tried any of the recipes...I'm more of a burn the premanufactured Japanese incense or resin incense.

message 3: by Colleen (new)

Colleen I hear you...I am as well, although I did buy a frankincense tree. I'll just have to wait 50 years to cut into the bark to get the resin out. LOL

Vivian Wish I could get one for WV but I'm afraid the climate would be too inhospitable especially the cold and snow. Perhaps getting a more mature tree is the answer to waiting for 50 years? It will be interesting to see the type of yield and scent for this tree grown outside of Arabia, Africa and Asia.

message 5: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Actually I bought a small frankincense tree and I keep it as an indoor tree. I actually just turned it into a bonsai tree. You can pretty much have any tree you want as long as you're willing to take it indoors for the winter and you buy a dwarf variety.

Vivian I wonder if there will be enough yield as a resin given the dwarf variety and growth limitations with bonsai. Since I truly have a brown thumb and can kill most household plants I doubt if I'll ever try bonsai. I hope you have the best of luck with this tree.

message 7: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Thanks, I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to get resin out of it, but that's ok. Its just cool having a frankincense tree.