Sean's Reviews > Point Omega

Point Omega by Don DeLillo

Jan 03, 11

Read on September 14, 2010

Every so often in a bookstore or library I will run across DeLillo's books on the shelves and remember that I really like his writing. That happened tonight so I checked out Point Omega and Falling Man. After these two I suppose I'll forget about DeLillo again for another year or two.
Early impression of this book:
It feels like a cross between Edward Abbey's Fool's Progress and the documentary film Fog of War.

Just a thought: Has anyone ever seen Don DeLillo and Joyce Carol Oates at the same time? Their writing styles seem mighty similar. Though, if the are alter egos to each other, I don't know which is Superman and which Clark Kent.

Oh, God! I watched five minutes of Futurama and now Elster has Bender's voice, and his daughter, Jessie, has Leela's voice. So I figured "what the hell, why not", and gave Finley Fry's voice. Hearing Elster say, in Bender's voice, "Up against the wall, motherfucker" was actually pretty funny.

Damn specks on the screen. Is that a spot or a misplaced period? Yep, just a spot. It's hell on proofreading.

Okay, done.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Point Omega.

09/14/2010 page 22

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Elizabeth Sulzby LOL, LOL, LOL, Sean. Love the Futurama stuff. And with Oates as well as DeLillo, you never know what you're gonna get. I was massively disappointed.