Rita Lo's Reviews > Wolf at the Door

Wolf at the Door by Christine Warren

Sep 14, 2010

it was ok
Read in December, 2010

Okay, first of all, the book had nothing to do with the title. Second of all, most of the "witty" things everyone said to each other was the complete opposite of what they actually did and at the end there every word sounded as if straight from a soap opera. Third of all, I would have rather heard about how Ness and her husband, Rafe, came to be instead of reading about some "world-renown" anthropologist who is falling for her new co-worker on her job of which she was hired for NO APPARENT REASON. The only thing she did to help the case was to give out the idea about looking at fliers and freaking out about her Grandmother. What-ever-number-I'm-on-no of all, about five characters in the book showed up for about two pages, said something random that had no reason or purpose, then left. For example, what was up with her cousin? She came, said how much Cassie needed to sleep with someone, then left. She wasn't ever mentioned again. In the beginning, she meets a nice werewolf, the werewolf randomly gives her clothes, and, you guessed it, left. Seeing a pattern here? Really the only reason why this book got bumped from "didn't like it" to "it was ok" was due to my love or Irish accents in books. I have a weakness, what can I say?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wolf at the Door.