Cindy's Reviews > Monsters of Men

Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness

Nov 17, 2010

bookshelves: 2010, reviewed, young-adult, dystopian, series, sci-fi, 5-superb, i-am-cry
Read from November 14 to 17, 2010

This review may also be found on A Thousand Little Pages.

Ah. Ma. Zing.

It is not often that books induce episodes of hysterical fits and render me speechless at the end. I will have to congratulate Patrick Ness on achieving that. This trilogy has been one helluva ride, and I enjoyed every single moment of it.

AJSLKDFMVILJMOIJAISODNF (Please wait as my brain restarts)

The world that Ness created is real, the character's emotions are raw. Yes, the entire book is one big war and one big attempt at peace. One would think that a war dragged out across 600+ pages would be overkill, but Ness managed to make every single page of this book worthwhile.

I have to admit -- I did cry at the end. Quite surprising actually, since this is not a particularly tear-jerker type book. You could say that the ending was so overwhelming it elicited tears. Just go read the dang book and find out yourself.

Book Source: Borrowed
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Monsters of Men.

Quotes Cindy Liked

Patrick Ness
“To say you have no choice is to relieve yourself of responsibility.”
Patrick Ness, Monsters of Men

11/16/2010 page 200

Silverwolf Actually, I think I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that: this book was a tear-jerker (amoungst other things). How do I know? I NEVER cry, but I wept buckets through the WHOLE TRILOGY!!

Cindy Hahaha, OK. One could view it that way, too. This trilogy is just too good... TOO GOOD.

Silverwolf You bet!!