Eva Leger's Reviews > I'm Glad I'm a Mom

I'm Glad I'm a Mom by Jill Savage

Sep 15, 10

bookshelves: b-non-fiction, essays-diaries-stories-letters, parenting, didn-t-finish
Read from September 14 to 15, 2010, read count: didn't finish

Far too religous for my taste and I'm sure for many other peoples tastes too. I'm not sure if the authors/editors/publishers realize this or not but they're only serving to alienate people by shoving God down people's throats.
I believe in the same God as each of the contributors in this book. I still don't like Him or my religon shoved down my throat every second it takes to read a book.
In the end, anyone else like me, who is religous in their own way without needing a church/pastor/priest/other random "holy" person/overeager, churchgoing friend or stranger to validate everything for them, along with anyone from a different religon and anyone who does not believe in God can get nothing from a book like this.
There is nothing, besides the word "inspirational" on either cover, in the title or description showing that this book is this way. Does inpirational have to mean pushing religon? I don't think it does.
This is supposed to be a parenting book, with stories from parents about parenting. Instead if a religon shoving mess from parents who want to show how "Godly" they are while throwing in a bit about the act of parenting. Miss me with that crap.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I'm Glad I'm a Mom.

09/14/2010 page 9
4.0% "each story so far is one or two pages but it works with this book - usually that irks me - not here....."
show 1 hidden update…