Melissa's Reviews > So Cold the River

So Cold the River by Michael Koryta

Sep 14, 10

bookshelves: didnt-finish

** spoiler alert ** I did not finish this because my reading time is short these days & I felt I could predict what happened without actually finding out. I predict = they let Anne out of the cellar (alternately, she dies down there but it's okay because she's reunited with her dead loved ones). Eric is almost torn apart by the water that's, um, possessing him? (that didn't make a whole lot of sense to me) but he lives. Clare is not killed. She & Eric reunite & he learns that his father-in-law is really looking out for him. Josiah's evil plot is foiled at the last minute & he realizes that he's not really Campbell & before he dies, says he's sorry for killing his best friend by shotgunning him in half (alternately, he blows the hotel up anyway, but it's okay somehow). Kellen still has a broken leg, but they get him out of that ditch within the last four pages. And no ever again makes an allusion to a terrible storm that is really a possessed bootlegging ghost who just can't let the past die.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read So Cold the River.