Simay's Reviews > Mockingjay

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Nov 23, 10

bookshelves: ya-i-enjoyed
Read from October 17 to 31, 2010

My heart was pounding, alright, but that was during the first two books. In the beginning of this one, I was rather amazed at the kind of subjects being touched upon, but later I just felt like the characters were becoming less and less visible. Yes, the events are important, but to me characters are the most important part of the story. Especially in a series, it's amazing to see how they change, evolve, etc., but that didn't happen in this book.

The war and violence seemed to just swallow the characters. I feel like these two subjects, unfortunately, aren't strangers to our generation. But when the characters weren't really there, it pretty much felt like watching the news on the television screen. Many times it made me wanna scream, "once more, please, WITH FEELING!" But nope.

I also didn't like how Gale was nowhere to be found in the ending. I'm pretty sure a lot of the readers who made a connection with him were upset about that, too.

I do like these series in general. While the second book is my favorite, I thought the first one was very good, too. I might just pretend this last one never happened.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mockingjay.