Aimee's Reviews > James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing

James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing by G. Norman Lippert

Jan 10, 2008

Recommended for: Harry Potter Fans

While this book isn't a Rowling, there is definitely a Potterverse feel to it. Don't go in there expecting a replica of the previous 7, but do expect to enjoy the story and some of the new characters (and a few old) that have been introduced.

Once you get through the first few chapters which are mostly inundated with Mugglisms/Americanisms, the book is quite a good read and up to the test of following Harry Potter.

Once the story got rolling I found myself downloading the next chapter immeadiately. I zipped through the last 7 chapters without a thought and I feel that this is a pretty good testament to what Lippert has accomplished.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing.

message 1: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Aimee,

Was this part of the lawsuit against JK Rowling? Was G. Norman Lippert the person saying that JK stole his/her idea?

Aimee No. He in fact sent her the first draft of his book AFTER the series was done and she liked it.

His Books is based completely off of her characters and events. It starts off where the last book left off.

message 3: by Ashley (new)

Ashley So is there gonna be an actual book series of "James Potter"? Cuz I will read it if there is.

Aimee Well there is just this one so far, that he has written. But I know he has plans to write at least 1 more. (I'm sure more depending on if they take off).

I found it worth the read. 21 chapters. Total of 400+ pages. Pretty substantial.

message 5: by Ashley (last edited Jan 10, 2008 12:52PM) (new)

Ashley Cool. So are they working on making it an actual book to sell in stores?

Aimee Not sure. I would just go to the website (above) and check it out.

Aimee Bre: I wouldn't discount it until you've given it a go. There is a whole new twist to things there. I never thought I would read a NON JK potter book, but I saw this one and decided to give it a try. I'm glad I did because I did enjoy it. But I get having a sort ofpurist take on it. follow-ups aren't for everyone. :-)

message 8: by Michael (new)

Michael Araujo Hello Bre... I have also read it and even joined the forums... Ravenclaw's Wisest.. The reason he seems nervous in the book and not in the epilogue is because in the epilogue he is in his second year so of course he's going to be calm. While in JP he's in his first year. And which first year isn't nervous. I loved the book IMO. The first couple of chapters were a slow read i must say but then what came after was worth it.