Kelly's Reviews > Huck: The Remarkable True Story of How One Lost Puppy Taught a Family - and a Whole Town - About Hope and Happy Endings

Huck by Janet Elder

Nov 18, 10

bookshelves: non-fiction

Very disappointing. I think Janet Elder was able to publish this book just because she writes for a famous paper. Here's the story line... Janet's son has asked for a dog for most of his life and been told no over and over again. They live in a NY apt and Janet and her husband do not feel that is the place to raise a dog. A major event occurs in their life that causes the parents to change their minds and Huck, a puppy, joins the family. A few months after Huck arrives the family brings him to a relative's house so they can go on vacation. While away Huck gets lose and the rest of the story is about the whole family putting up flyers and talking to people in town who might have seen Huck. I love animals, but this book goes way to crazy in creating such a panic over poor Hucky going missing that you would think a child had been kidnapped. I listened to it on audio and it was 6 CDs long. It could have been 2 CDs if all the filler had been taken out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Huck.