Vic's Reviews > Dreams Made Flesh

Dreams Made Flesh by Anne Bishop

Sep 13, 2010

bookshelves: audiobook, keeper-audio, favorites, audible, fantasy, reviewed

This book of short stories goes with the Black Jewels series

Weaver of Dreams (16.7 Minutes) - 2 * It is the story of how dreams made flesh and brought Jaenelle into the world. This story never really gripped me and it was just OK. I never re-listen to it.

Zuulaman (36.5 Minutes) - 3 * This is a story of Saetan while he is married to Hekata. and how he takes payment from any who hurt or betray him and those he loves.

The Prince of Ebon Rih (8.2 Hours) - 5 * This is the love story of Lucivar and Marian. This story should only be read after book 2 of the series. I really enjoyed seeing this courtship and seeing Lucivar settle in and transform from the outcast in Kaeleer to the Warlord Prince of Ebon Rih with the "beast" (Daemonar). It also established how the relationship between Marian and her mother-in-law Luthvian became so hostile.

Kaeleer's Heart (6.1 Hours) - 4 * This takes place just about 6 months after book 3 of the series. It centers around the relationship Daemon and Jaenelle start building as she recovers from the events in book 3. I always love reading about Daemon and Janelle and enjoyed seeing how vulnerable love can make 2 people who are strong and powerful.

I rated this book so high for Kaeleer's Heart & Prince of Ebon Rih.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreams Made Flesh.