Laura Kreitzer's Reviews > Abyss

Abyss by Laura Kreitzer

Sep 13, 10

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: my-books

My favorite to write so far! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Abyss.

Quotes Laura Liked

Laura Kreitzer
“What was that?” I croaked.
Akhol sidestepped into my view and towered over us. “It was a Demon.”
“But you said—”
“I know what I said,” Akhol cut in sharply, rubbing his eyes. “There was something wrong with it. Like the Demon
had adapted to the darkness and water.”
I shivered. “Did he have a ring that he called ‘my precious’?” I joked to try and lighten the mood. I didn’t get a good
look at the Demon, but my mind had no problems picturing Gollum.
They stared at me blankly.”

Laura Kreitzer
“I’m only going to say this once,” I said with a finger pointed at him. “So don’t make me repeat it. I’ve sacrificed everything for you and the angels. I deserve some respect around here. From now on what’s best for me will be discussed with me. Actually, any affairs with the angels will now be discussed with me. You make sure you mind-to-mind that with Ehno, Aiden, and Patrick. And then tell Patrick to phone Joseph and tell him too, while you’re at it!”

Laura Kreitzer
“A growing heat, like a million blazing suns all focused on me, lit my insides. It felt like I was being cooked in the Gabriella Roast Cooker, me spinning around-and-around to heat my flesh evenly. For some reason I was having trouble comprehending the sudden change in my revolving world as I swelled with a horrible, billowing fire.”

Laura Kreitzer
“We both must burn this midnight oil together. You’re just as new to me as I am you.” --Andrew”

Laura Kreitzer
“There was an image in my mind—an expectation of what it would be like when I finally gave myself fully to a man. It wasn’t like this. It was always at night with candles flickering lazily, music filling the air with a sexy melody, and maybe a bubble bath. But no. It was infinitely better, and there was no froo froo, stereotypical scene that played out.
It was incredible.
Brilliant.
Amazing.
Indescribable, really. Like all the planets in the galaxy aligned for a perfect moment in time. As if this was the beginning of time. From now until the rest of eternity, everything finally had meaning.”

Laura Kreitzer
“A part of me sought the light in all the people I knew, but with the Shadows, it was like bringing them back from a subterfuge comma. Literally tearing the veil of blackness down and showing them the luminescence of light.”

Laura Kreitzer
“I blinked at him just casually talking about my new sex life with his genie-shiny head, and I knew at any second I would break into hysterics.”

Laura Kreitzer
“Underwater, bubbles erupted before my eyes as a swift hand snatched my arm and pulled me to the surface. I gasped for air, coughing and gagging at the amount of water I sucked into my lungs by pure shock. What was up with me and breathing in water? I needed to grow some gills or something.”

Laura Kreitzer
“The woman turns away; one wing blackens like an onyx gem while the other glows white like a bright spotlight. She flies into the sky, leaving the crowd staring in astonishment. Angels fly away in two directions. Half make a black storm of moving, twisting shapes. The other half forms a white-as-snow moving cloud. The ranks are divided.”

Laura Kreitzer
“There’s nothing to be scared of, right Akhol?”
He said nothing as he stepped toward the rushing water that rolled around a big rock and was swallowed whole by impenetrable darkness.
“Right?” Andrew repeated, his voice swallowed by the sound of rushing water.
Akhol didn’t respond again. He tapped a foot above the water before he stepped in and disappeared beneath the surface in one fluid motion.”

Laura Kreitzer
“To have reservations is to show true leadership. To have certainty without question, to lead people to battle with no qualms, or to prosecute without hesitation are qualities of a tyrant.”

Laura Kreitzer
“Death was a leech; no matter which side of the spectrum you were on, either dead or alive, it fed. It either acquired your soul or devoured all your joyful emotions.”

Laura Kreitzer
“To see someone you love in so much pain—especially emotional pain that can’t be remedied—was the worst form of torture.”

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Once Upon (new) - added it

Once Upon how long do i have to wait for this one?

Laura Kreitzer Eeek! I dunno. I'll let everyone know soon. I'll try to finish it by Christmas, but I can't make any promises.

message 3: by Terra (new) - added it

Terra I can't wait to see the cover!!!!!

Laura Kreitzer Soon. It's done, I'm just hoarding it now! I guess I totally lied about the Christmas thing, eh? hahaha

Megan (magan bagan) Will there be any early copies for reviews or blog tours?

Laura Kreitzer Blog tours, probably. No early copies.

Megan (magan bagan) Thanks Laura. I can't wait to read it!

message 8: by Mette (new)

Mette Kiilerich Your website says the release date is the 31 march but I can't find it. When will it be releaseed??

Jaime B. Ive been trying to find this and the website does say march 31st but i cant find it anywhere?? can you please update the release date so we can know when to expect it?

Laura Kreitzer I apologize, there was a snag and Abyss won't be available for another two weeks--but the ebook should be available by the end of the week.

Jaime B. YAY :)