Lacey Weatherford's Reviews > Forbidden Passion

Forbidden Passion by Rita Herron

Jan 07, 11

I won this book in a giveaway a while back and I'm just getting around to reading it. It was a very good book, catching my attention right away and hooking me into the story with a sadistic serial killer storyline that kept my heat pumping.

I don't normally like anything that puts my mind in the mind of a serial killers, because frankly, that's just spooky. This book didn't do it too often, but still gave you more than plenty of insight to make you know that the killer was not all there and completely depraved.

The story that evolved around our leading lady, the beautiful and scientific Marlena, and the smoking hot sheriff/demon, Dante, who was protecting her was completely captivating. I loved watching Dante in his struggles as he tries to overcome his heritage and what he really is. That was probably the most resonating thing I got out of the story. No matter what people around us think we should be, the important thing is to be true to one's self and beliefs.

Sparks of romance lit up between these two characters right away and the heat was incredible. As the story moved quickly through events, Dante and Marlena become more entwined with every step, trying to fight their inner feelings but not succeeding very well at it.

I stayed up all night gripping this book while I read until right near the very end, I collapsed in exhaustion with about two chapters left to go. Unfortunately, the ending left me feeling a little flat. Not enough to completely ruin the book for me, but there were a couple of twists that left it seeming a bit unbelievable and rushed to me. I hate to call it far-fetched, because what isn't in paranormal, but somehow it just didn't fit the story for me. I don't know. I can't quite place my finger on it. But I still really liked the book, and connected with the characters enough that I would even read it again!

Note: This book contains ritualistic killings, foul language and sexual situations.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forbidden Passion.