Robin 's Reviews > Notorious Pleasures

3193690
Sep 13, 2010

bookshelves: author-elizabeth-hoyt, favorites, maiden-lane-series
Read from December 09 to 15, 2010

This is an ARC which I won in a contest Elizabeth Hoyt held. One of the pages says "UNCORRECTED PAGE PROOFS: MATERIAL FROM THIS COPY SHOULD NOT BE QUOTED OR USED WITHOUT FIRST CHECKING WITH THE PUBLISHER, AS SOME OF THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT APPEAR IN THE FINISHED BOOK." I put it in all caps because in the book its all caps and I'm hoping its okay to quote it. Anyway, there are 400 pages and I don't have any editing or correcting say but considering the discussions that have cropped up lately about the number of misspelled words and typos in books lately this one had very few, I could count them on one hand and that alone is impressive but has nothing really to do with what the book is about and what I thought of it.

The story focuses on Lady Hero Batten, Griffin Remington aka Lord Reading and his brother Thomas Remington aka Marquis of Mandeville. Silence and Winter have minor roles and I have to say I was beginning to not like Silence because she seemed so for lack of a better word blah and annoying. As the story progressed though so did Silence and by the end I liked her and look forward to her book which happens to be next. (view spoiler) Speaking of secondary characters who hopefully get a book I'd like to hear Phoebe's (Hero's little sister) story. There are other minor characters of course but of the one's introduced in this book Phoebe is a fave. I also hope Winter and Asa get books.

It says on the back of the book, not in these exact words, Hero is engaged to Thomas and that although he's dull she's happy to marry him until she meets his brother Griffin. (view spoiler)

Like the other books I've read by this author this one was really good a definite page turner IMHO if you liked the first in this series you'll definitely like this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Notorious Pleasures.