Mollie *scoutrmom*'s Reviews > Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor

Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa Kleypas

Jan 23, 2011

bookshelves: romance, read-in-2010, first-reads, read-in-2011, read-in-2013
Recommended for: fans of contemporary romance
Read on February 09, 2013 — I own a copy , read count: 3

This is a great love story with characters who are both well and deeply drawn. It feels as if the end of the story would only be chapter seven in a full-length novel. The dog alone is worth reading about.

There is not much of a plot in that the story depends on character growth rather than action. The theme here seems to be healing from emotional trauma.

The setting is lovely, I really liked the description of the holiday event where all the boats parade with lights, as the beautiful cover depicts. One day I'd like to visit the San Juans, for more about them I highly recommend you try Sharp Edges by Jayne Ann Krentz, Love Song For A Raven by Elizabeth Lowell, or her Amber Beach.

I look forward to reading more about this family, but am sad that it will have to wait until the Lisa Kleypas books are released in 2012.

This seems a bit pricey for a hardcover novella, I suggest one check it out from a public library as I did, or wait a while and pick up a copy secondhand as I plan to later on for my keeper shelf.

Update: I won a copy in a Firstreads drawing, and am happy to have it!
8 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor.